A sustainable, measurable marketing strategy is the cornerstone of success in today’s fast-changing, increasingly crowded marketplace. It’s tempting to jump right to tactics because it feels good to “do something” to promote your business, but if your marketing efforts aren’t working together, they’re working against you.
How do we develop a marketing strategy for a client? Doing it is part art, part science – and all focused on developing ROI-driven frameworks and plans.
The Power of a Fully Integrated Marketing Strategy
Your website. Content. PR. SEO. Digital advertising. Messaging. Trade shows. Social media. Marketing automation. Market research. Sales enablement. Analytics. There’s a ton that goes into a modern marketing plan. For too many organizations, that means efforts quickly become disjointed and siloed – and ultimately fail to meet business goals.
At The WEM Agency, we believe in the power of tightly integrated marketing frameworks. No tactic, technology or platform can stand alone. For a strategy to succeed, every piece must support – and be supported by – others. Integration breeds efficiency, insight and results.
Elements of Integrated Marketing Strategies
Truly integrated marketing plans need to address every aspect of a product or service’s promotional, demand generation, lead generation and follow-up needs. That means thoughtfully considering and codifying every aspect of your marketing efforts, then layering on spreadsheets, Gantt charts, milestones, integrations, timing, dependencies, and all the other stuff that ensures your efforts are working together and delivering maximum value.
Beyond the basics of marketing, we pay particular attention to:
- Marketplace Positioning – Where do you fit in your target market? Do you need to create an entirely new target market? Our proprietary methodologies for qualitative information gathering, competitive analysis and primary market research give us a crystal ball to put you right where you need to be.
- Thought Leadership – How can we help turn your company’s leaders into industry leaders? We want to build authority and credibility, making your company the “must-call” when someone needs a problem solved.
- Marketing Technology Stacks – Do you have a CRM? Do you need one? How about a marketing automation platform, like HubSpot, Pardot or Marketo? We make MarTech accessible, and make sure it’s adding value to your organization, rather than just sucking up resources.
- Emerging Opportunities – Is there a new set of prospect who can use your product or service? What about an under served market adjacent to your current target? We’ll help you find out – and exploit the growth opportunity.
- Sales Follow-Up – Marketing doesn’t end at the MQL anymore. Our strategies focus delivering your sales team leads and helping boost close rate and velocity.
- Data Transfer – Your business is only as strong as your prospect and customer data. We make sure you get the exact information you need, exactly where you need it, as fast as possible.
Custom Marketing Strategy Development
Too many companies spend time and energy creating a B2B marketing plan, only to have it gather dust on the shelf – while business goes on as usual around the office. The WEM Agency marketing strategies are realistic, sustainable and built exclusively for each client. There’s no one-size-fits-all here; strategy is a fine balance between business aspirations and actual budgetary and human resource constraints. Such constraints are not negatives – they are critical parameters that guide and shape the framework.
How do we do it? We begin with clearly identified business goals, and then determine the appropriate approach, processes, timelines, division of labor, budgets and success metrics. Everything is based on SMART goals:
- Sustainable – How can we make this effort work for us well into the future?
- Measurable – How will we know if this effort has been successful?
- Achievable – Are the success metrics attainable given timeline, budget and bandwidth constraints?
- Relevant – Is this effort driving toward clearly identified business goals?
- Time-Based – Are there clear start and end points for this effort?